We are seeking to get to know the man who is a candidate for the fully-supported pastor of Grace Baptist Church.
The following highlights the major duties and responsibilities of the Pastor. This list is not intended to be comprehensive nor exclusive but does imply a relative priority among duties.
Preaching and Teaching
“Preach the Word” II Timothy 4:2
The Pastor has primary responsibility for the preaching and teaching ministries in the church. Despite other legitimate responsibilities, he will maintain a regular and sustained pulpit ministry
Worship, Prayer, Devotion, and Study
“Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching.” I Timothy 4:16
As a man of the highest Christian character, he will provide leadership in the corporate worship and prayer life of the church. He will provide leadership in the administration of the sacraments.
Discipleship, Visitation, Evangelization, and Counseling
“Shepherd the flock of God that is among you…” I Peter 5:2
He will seek opportunities to disciple others, with a focus on young men, and develop discipleship gifts and graces in the members of the congregation. He will be active in the visitation of the members of the congregation.
Leadership and Staff Development
“…put in order what remains…” Titus 1:5
He will provide spiritual leadership among the Board of Elders. He will be responsible for the organization and administration of the church pastoral and secretarial staff and will provide daily leadership within the life of the church.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Meets the qualification for Elder as defined by Scripture and our Constitution and By-laws
- Has formal ministerial training including a Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in Theology/Ministry or willing to complete such education if in progress
- Whole-heartedly adheres to and upholds the tenets of the London Confession of Faith of 1689
- Demonstrates a deep knowledge of and mature ability to exposit the Scriptures.
- Demonstrates a sound Christian character, personal piety, and devotion to Christ worthy of a minister of the Gospel.
- Has the ability to provide leadership and organizational skills to the staff, elders and congregation
- Has a philosophy of education and an understanding of hymnology and worship in accord with Biblical principles and in harmony with the Board of Elders.
Please download and fill out this questionnaire to submit in the form below. Click here to download Grace Baptist Church Candidate Questionnaire